This is supposed to be the Rainy State. The Snowy State is to the east, the Sunny State to the South. In the Rainy State, we get snow maybe once every 2 or 3 years, during the first two weeks of January. Maybe every 5 - 8 years in December or February (these statistics based on 12 years of citizenship, not an almanac).
It's late April. We are having multiple flurries on a daily basis. Things are not right with the weatherman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I wore a turtleneck yesterday. I don't think I've ever worn a turtleneck in April before.
Bampa and I just got back from another Snowy State...just to the south East of us. The trees were blooming pink and white, the daffodils and tulips were all aglow in color and then... it snowed there too!
Having arrived home a few minutes ago I could see that we lost a couple inches of snow during our 3 day absense. Optimistically I bought potting soil for my window boxes but I know better than to plant them before Memorial day. I have lived in the snowy state for 37 years now and though not an actual "old-timer" I have learned that they are correct. Sweet pea seeds in the ground on tax day and plants in the ground on Memorial Day. The sunny state is on an entirely different schedule! I thought the rainy state was too.
Post a Comment